Coffee is good for waking you up in the morning, but did you know that coffee can wake up your skin too? Some of the coolest things coffee can do when applied to the skin are:
- Coffee minimises the appearance of cellulite!
- Its a great exfoliator for the skin
- Leaves the skin looking smooth and bright!
- Reduces puffiness of the skin – great for treating under-eye bags!
- Contains anti-oxidants that benefit the skin
Great news, its pretty easy to involve coffee into your regular skin care routine. It can be converted into a great scrub that will leave your skin feeling glowing and healthy.
- 1/2 cup of freshly ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil [a little bit less will do]
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
1. Pour dry ingredients into a bowl
Ensure that your coffee, sugar and cinnamon powder are finely ground before this step. Else, pulse in the mixer for a few seconds to get the right consistency like in the picture below.
2. Add olive oil and stir
Add the olive oil and stir till you get the right consistency. You may require a little less or a little more olive oil so add it in slowly. Please note, its best to use your hands for this step.. plus, your hands get a free scrub in the process!
Store your freshly made coffee scrub in a jar and use in the shower.
Please be careful when it comes to the drain, you may clog it with the coffee. Using a filter over the drain can help prevent this.
Do you have any other home-remedies using coffee? Write in to us and let us know!
If you liked this article and would like to see more, follow us for more updates!