I have been a great believer of constantly throwing myself out of my comfort zone and living on the edge.
Even in love, the same principles apply. No one will know how you feel about them unless you tell them. The people you love will never believe you if you don’t show them.
For this valentine’s day special, I found this video that is an absolute inspiration.
I know that I have felt like this man more than once, and I also know that taking the plunge was absolutely worth it.
Its better to know the reality of things than to be caught in a place where you neither know where things are going or how the other person feels.
From my end, here are a few things you can do to make your day an eventful one. [ Please note, this is not just for valentine’s day, any other day works perfectly too.]
1. If you have someone special around you that has no idea about how you feel, maybe its time to take the big leap and TELL HIM/HER. Any way, what’s the worst that can happen? You will at least know where you stand. If things are moving forward, then great. If not, then you can move on.
2. If you are in a happy relationship – then celebrate and make your love feel special. They probably do a lot for you on a daily basis, taking a day to show them that you appreciate it goes a long way.
3. If you are in a relationship that needs work – then make a plan to make things better. Figure out what’s not going the way you want it to, and what you can do to change it. You’ll be better off knowing the problem and having an open discussion than keeping it inside where it will eventually blow up and be much worse.
4. If you are in an unhappy relationship, then maybe you need to take some time to think about what you really want. Being in a position where your significant other doesn’t treat you well can have a long term psychological impact, and can eventually lead to low self esteem.
5. If you are single – then don’t give up on the idea of finding your love! Work on understanding yourself – your strengths, weaknesses and talents, so that when you come across your love – you can charm the socks off him or her! Also, be friendly, be open and be on the look out.
I know all of these things require courage beyond what a normal person should have, but hey, what’s life without a little danger??
Happy Valentines day! Hope your day is an eventful one!