This one is so beautiful! Happy Reading!
My company is being incubated by Microsoft ventures for the Accelerator Program. Its been an exciting one month, and another couple more to go. The things I have learned just being around the founding teams of 16 start ups, mentors, established players in the industry as well as entrepreneurs who have “made it big” has changed caused a paradigm shift.
We have been meeting a whole bunch of angel investors and venture capitalists. Reputation has it that these are the biggest, meanest sharks out there. They are interested in one thing, and one thing only: MORE MONEY.
They expect your baby business [which you love, which grows, which changes every day] to be some kind of inanimate black box. This black box – doesn’t matter who, what, where, when or how – but they want to put in $100 and get back $150. And they want it quick.
Knowing everything we knew, we created our PPTs, full of numbers, charts, proof that our idea could be that little black box they were looking for.
Standing infront of them. The first question they asked us was: “WHY?” Why this business, why did you start it? Why do your customers need it?
We looked at each other – this was so unexpected.
After that meeting, I talked to the rest of the companies – and the first question thrown at them was the same.
And when you ask that question, the most exciting stories come up. Answers like:
1. I wished I knew how to dress better, but can’t afford a stylist.
Business: Voonik.com ; your personal stylist online for free
2. I wished my mom could sell her home cooked food and it could reach out to more people:
Business: imly.in ; an online store where home chefs can set up store fronts and foodies can discover home food around them
3. I wish I could access my contacts from anywhere
Business: Intouch ; a way to auto sync your contacts from all your accounts across all email ids, phones, tablets etc with a single app.
What I love is that they changed their “I wish” to an “I do”.
We all use these same words, but more often than not, our wishes remain wishes because we are waiting for someone else to fulfil it.
The biggest businesses, the best entrepreneurs and the things that have shaped out lives started with a wish. Next time you say these words, you may want to think about how many other people may have the same wish, and you might just have the idea that changes the world.
Happy wishing, happy changing the world.
I have been a great believer of constantly throwing myself out of my comfort zone and living on the edge.
Even in love, the same principles apply. No one will know how you feel about them unless you tell them. The people you love will never believe you if you don’t show them.
For this valentine’s day special, I found this video that is an absolute inspiration.
I know that I have felt like this man more than once, and I also know that taking the plunge was absolutely worth it.
Its better to know the reality of things than to be caught in a place where you neither know where things are going or how the other person feels.
From my end, here are a few things you can do to make your day an eventful one. [ Please note, this is not just for valentine’s day, any other day works perfectly too.]
1. If you have someone special around you that has no idea about how you feel, maybe its time to take the big leap and TELL HIM/HER. Any way, what’s the worst that can happen? You will at least know where you stand. If things are moving forward, then great. If not, then you can move on.
2. If you are in a happy relationship – then celebrate and make your love feel special. They probably do a lot for you on a daily basis, taking a day to show them that you appreciate it goes a long way.
3. If you are in a relationship that needs work – then make a plan to make things better. Figure out what’s not going the way you want it to, and what you can do to change it. You’ll be better off knowing the problem and having an open discussion than keeping it inside where it will eventually blow up and be much worse.
4. If you are in an unhappy relationship, then maybe you need to take some time to think about what you really want. Being in a position where your significant other doesn’t treat you well can have a long term psychological impact, and can eventually lead to low self esteem.
5. If you are single – then don’t give up on the idea of finding your love! Work on understanding yourself – your strengths, weaknesses and talents, so that when you come across your love – you can charm the socks off him or her! Also, be friendly, be open and be on the look out.
I know all of these things require courage beyond what a normal person should have, but hey, what’s life without a little danger??
Happy Valentines day! Hope your day is an eventful one!
Jillian Michaels is a total and complete inspiration. Not just for her contribution to 1000s of pounds lost all over the world, but also for something on a much deeper level.
She is here. In my country. And so many people are all excited about it. She doesn’t know us. She doesn’t know that she’s changed our lives. She doesn’t know she’s an idol. And yet she is.
I love how, when you chase a dream – you can reach people you don’t know. You can change lives from far away.
I love how – by dedicating yourself to something, the people around you can get inspiration.
Let’s all go chase our biggest dreams, our greatest loves, and most exciting adventures. Let’s make big things happen. One little day at a time. Someday, people from some country are going to be excited about our visit too!